Here's the link. The post is called "Holy Smokes."
After the events of the weekend, I had plenty of blueberries, almonds and milk on hand, so I decided to make Blueberry Cake. I've always called this Blueberry Tea Cake.
No more. Not after this weekend.
I renamed it.
(Don't you just love that loaf pan? It's from Paula Deen's collection. C-u-t-e!)
It's now known as Fawna's Blueberry Cake.
Fawna's Blueberry Cake
2 Tbsp. sifted cake flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. chopped almonds
1/2 cup butter
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup whole milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine first 4 ingredients; add 1 tsp. butter, stirring until crumbly. Set aside.
2. Combine blueberries and 2 Tbsp. cake flour, tossing gently to coat. Set aside.
3. Combine remaining cake flour (minus 2 Tbsp. from step 2), sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; cut in remaining butter (minus 1 tsp. from step 1) with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
4. Combine egg, milk, and vanilla, stirring well; add to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Add blueberry mixture and stir gently. 5. Pour into greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
6. Sprinkle almond mixture evenly over batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Shall I pour you regular or decaf with that?
Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Y'all take special care!